PROMITHEFTIKI METALLON CRETE was established in 1999 as a continuation of the hardware and metals trading companies “A & K Tzetzos” (1974-1990) and “Tzetzos Emporiki Ltd” (1990-1999). It is worth mentioning that the Tzetzos’ family has been in the steel industry continuously since the early 1900’s. My grandfather, father and uncle owned and operated steel constructions and retailing businesses and have been at the forefront of craftsmanship and adoption of innovative technology in steel for many years. Our company’s head office along with its sales, warehousing and distribution centre are situated in the locality of Pigi, some 10km east of the city of Rethymno and in very close proximity to the main highway of the island. Fully owned, modern and well equipped it is located on a 13,000 sqm lot inclusive of a modern, well-presented warehouse and administration complex of 5,500 sqm. The company also owns and operates a newly built manufacturing facility located on a 29,000 sqm lot inclusive of a modern and wellequipped steel processing unit of 6,000 sqm.
PROMITHEFTIKI mainly targets a wide range of small and mid-sized metal workshops as well as civil engineering projects, manufacturers, greenhouse construction contractors etc. to which it supplies an extensive variety of raw materials according to common or custom specifications and dimensions as well as processed steel products. In order to achieve high levels of customer service, value and reliability, we permanently keep in stock a wide range of steel products and operate our own distribution fleet of crane-fitted trucks. As our strength lies in the size and quality of our customer base, we strongly believe that our customers’ successes are vital to ours. We aim to become the preferred supplier of steel products, the partner of choice for our served market throughout the island of Crete and beyond. We also endeavour to generate sustainable shareholder and community value through our people manufacturing and distribution capabilities.
We at PROMITHEFTIKI METALLON CRETE S.A. are absolutely committed to accomplishing this by:
• Focusing on, understanding and responding to our customer’s needs by providing high-quality products backed by excellent service and support that stands out from the competitors.
• Continuously improving the range and value of our products and services.
• Delivering on our commitments and striving to exceed customers’ expectations.
• Treating our customers with respect, actively listening to them seeking feedback and acting on it.
• Remaining a valuable and responsive partner to our customers through close and fruitful working relations with reputable domestic and international suppliers.
• Enhancing our productivity by adopting systems and harnessing modern technologies that improve operational effectiveness as well as by encouraging, motivating and rewarding our employees to achieve the highest standard of performance within a safe and environmentally responsible workplace.
• Maintaining our competitive spirit that drives us to seek out challenges and to remain open to change and in search of new creative ways to meet our customers’ needs without compromising our core values of responsibility, integrity, directness and honesty, among others.